Sunday, December 8, 2013

this girl of mine.


When I was 18 and cheerleading at the local community college {no it wasn't as cool as it sounds - ha!}, I overheard one of the male basketball players talking rather loudly about how he would only ever marry a tall girl so that his kids would be tall basketball players.  I didn't know this guy, but he sounded like a real bonehead.  I probably took his remark a little personally because I'm short, but I also wondered about the fate of his future children...what if they didn't want to play basketball?  What if they didn't want to fulfill their father's dreams of playing basketball at a real university?  Anyway, it's funny how things come back to us at random times.  Like why would I ever remember what some random guy said back in the day? Who knows? Who cares?  But my McKenna is proof that a tall guy can marry a short girl and have a rockstar basketball player.  And her love for basketball is all her.  She's not even living my dream or anything.

Seriously though, you should see this girl.  Two more baskets today!!
I should probably keep a running tally or something.  :)

1 comment:

  1. It just goes to show that if you work hard dreams can come true!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...