Tuesday, January 21, 2014

don't mind the streamers.

I've recently been very drawn to my dining room, so please don't mind all the photos.  This space is finally starting to come together {especially with the left-over, white party streamers, don't you think?} and I enjoy being in here; putting together a puzzle or studying or, you know, dining.  A snowy day just adds to the atmosphere and brightens the view through those sliding doors which, for me, makes the snow at least bearable.  I'm going to be honest.  I'm kind of over white, fluffy stuff and polar vortex-y type weather.  But I have sooooooooo very much longer to go until Spring, don't I?  Thankfully I have the little things in life that keep me sane through the long winter...

> I'm still studying up a storm.  Most weekdays I can be found hitting the books {or laptop} from 6:30am until I finally decide showering would be appropriate at 11:30am.  Any month now I will begin student teaching, so that will change things up a bit in a very good, less anti-social way, for me.  

> Husband found a way to watch the new season of Sherlock and so that has taken up a fair amount of winter.  We watched from the beginning of the first season all the way through.  And WOW!  I can't possibly love a show more...

>...unless we're talking Downton Abbey and I may not love it more than Sherlock, but it is definitely tied.  And it is definitely a wonderful way to make the winter weeks go by.  Other shows that Husband and I consider "date night" include The Blacklist and The Following.  Solo, I'm enjoying Castle and Sleepy Hollow.  I'm sorry, but if the Bachelor is on right now, I would have no idea.  I cannot stand that stuff, which is weird I know.  

> Basketball games and practices are aplenty these days and it truly is our primary form of entertainment right now.  It runs until March, which is just perfect.  I make it through basketball season, I make it through winter.  I win!

> Making travel plans {even if they're plans to travel to another cold place} seems to lift my spirits a little bit too.  My brain just really likes the idea of not being stuck in the same house, staring at the same snow.  Looking through a different window and some different snow actually sounds exciting.  So so so very exciting.  No really, I mean it.
Really.

What do you do to stay sane after the holidays are over and there is nothing left but bare trees, frigid air, and no hope left in the world?




1 comment:

  1. I love love love your house, and your decorative skills.

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...