Thursday, January 16, 2014

she lives.



I've sort of taken a bit of an unintentional blogging break for the past few weeks.  I'm not going to lie; it's been really nice.  There were moments when I thought, "I should really blog this," but then I just never got around to it.  I did things I haven't done in a while - I put together a massive puzzle, I did crosswords, I told childhood stories to my kids, I watched Downton and Sherlock on repeat, I fretted over frozen pipes, I did loads of laundry, I watched many 6th grade basketball games, I yelled for joy when the Seahawks won and kept on winning, I played single mom while Husband and Elyssa flew to Seattle to watch a football game, I took naps, I started working out to You Tube videos, and I studied (which is not really all that fun).

During my break, however, I did miss the sharing with you.  I didn't think I did (at the time), but I really did. I missed sharing our family's little adventures, no matter how mundane.  I missed sharing my thoughts and experiences.  It's a good thing I didn't make blogging one of my New Year's resolutions because I would have failed that one already!  Anyway, it feels great to be back at it again.

What we have, photographed above, is a peek at today's festivities.  Today, Mckenna turns 12!  Her plans for the evening (at her request) include helping me make a delicious spaghetti dinner and then diving into a fountain of chocolate for dessert.  I am so so so so so so so so happy she asked to skip cake this year, and instead, requested the chocolate fountain!  There will be cheesecake, strawberries, pound cake, marshmallows (and any other food item the kids pull out of the cupboards) for dipping!  Doesn't that sound marvelous???  

I'll, of course, recap her birthday celebration, but first I just wanted to stop by to say that I am alive and well and this little blog shall go on and on.


4 comments:

  1. I missed you! And happy birthday to your girl! What awesome birthday requests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Kristen! It's kind of nice to be missed. Heehee! :)

      Delete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...