Tuesday, February 25, 2014

a campus tour.

On Sunday, Elyssa took us on a tour of her campus, mostly to spy the awesomeness that is Pitt's Cathedral of Learning.  If Pittsburgh had a Hogwarts, this would be it!  It was the first time the kids and I had ventured further than the first floor of the towering building and I am so happy we took the time to slow down and really absorb all there was to see.  There are classrooms dedicated to different nationalities all throughout the cathedral.  The details in these rooms are amazing.  It's a little like being in Disneyland {well okay, maybe not exactly like Disneyland}.  I'm sure college students get used to having regular classes inside these rooms and the novelty might start to wear off by the end of a semester, but it would still be so neat to spend an hour each day in faux-Japan or faux-Norway.  It's just a cool atmosphere.  

And those red doors!!!  If you follow me on Instagram, then you might know about my door obsession.  My kids help keep a lookout for me, but also make fun of me at the same time, for wanting to take photos of doors.  But just look at those doors!  I am absolutely, positively sure there is something fantastically amazing waiting right on the other side!  

Thank you for the tour, Elyssa!  This was such a fun time.  :)


2 comments:

  1. Stunning! What a beautiful place to learn. p.s. I love doors too and those are some awesome ones!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...