Saturday, February 22, 2014

a drive into downtown boston.

Who doesn't absolutely love moving-car photos?

I don't know what it is, but driving into a large downtown area gets my heart racing like a kid on Christmas morning.  Both New York and Pittsburgh {not to even try to compare the two} nail it with the phenomenal tunnel-approach-into-the city effect.  I mean, driving through New York's Lincoln Tunnel, after that crowded mess of merging ten lanes into two, and then opening up into that urban jungle of towering skyscrapers and yellow cabs, and people everywhere...magical.  And then Pittsburgh does it with long tunnels that open up onto a yellow bridges that pour you down into the city...always awesome.
Boston does not disappoint either, with bridges and tunnels and twists and turns that leave you suddenly driving by rows upon rows upon rows of beautiful brownstones.  And before you know it, you're looking up at tall, modern skyscrapers and down at old, historic churches and buildings; all mixed together in each city block.  Old and new look so so so good together, let me tell you.

There are many places I could live in this country.  I think I say, "I could see myself living here" almost everywhere we visit, but I really mean it this time.
Those Brownstones.  
I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...