Monday, February 17, 2014

a new england valentine of sorts.

This Valentine's Day, Husband and I celebrated our 15th anniversary.  A few months back, we decided we'd give the New England area a go, and get out of town for the long weekend to celebrate our many years together.  This was our first time leaving the kids home alone for an entire weekend, so we didn't want to venture too far, but just far enough.  The perks of having a college-age kid!  We chose to fly into Boston and then drive up an hour and a half to Portland, Maine, to stay in a charming bed and breakfast.  When we first made our travel plans, we had no idea we'd be traveling in between monstrous snow storms, only to get settled into Portland in time to come down with a ruthless stomach virus that would rob us of a romantic Valentine's day dinner {and every other meal after that}.  

The photos above show a happy us, walking about a snowy Boston, unknowing that in just a few short hours, I'd be bent over a toilet praying for a swift death because the painful vomiting was just too much.  Alas, this is where I'll leave our story for now.  I'm still tired and it's late and it's been a while since I've blogged and if I stretch this story out, perhaps it will entice me to blog a little more.  :)


1 comment:

  1. 15 years hurray!! And my parents have loved having kids old enough to leave home alone for a couple days. and, honestly, we loved it when my parents left us home alone..... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...