Wednesday, February 19, 2014

teacher wear.

Today I am finally back to feeling myself, after experiencing such a stubborn stomach virus.  I never thought I'd be able to enjoy food again, but my hunger is a champion today.  Not only did I shower, but I got dressed in something other than pajamas.  I spent some time taking photos at McKenna's school and then I dropped by the elementary school where I will be performing my preclinical field experiences {mostly observing and teaching small lessons}, so I wanted to look professional.

This business of getting dressed in clothes that are professional, yet allow for comfort and movement, is not a new concept for me, but it's been awhile since I've had to wear something other than jeans.  I once ran a teacher style blog, many moons ago, but put that cow to pasture.  I think it's time for me to venture down that path again, only here on Across and Down.  The last few weeks I've been searching Pinterest and other blogs, trying to research what elementary school teachers wear when they want to look cute but still be comfortable.  I'm going to be the type that gets involved in activities, not afraid to sit criss-cross-applesauce, or get my hands dirty.  The last thing I'm going to want to worry about is my clothes getting in my way.  I'm finding there's not much out there in the blogosphere that supports what I'm looking for.  So, I'm going to forge ahead, myself, and figure out outfits that work and share them here.

Today's outfit is practically perfect for me.  This navy dress allows me to move, while keeping me covered.  It has pockets!!!  The mustard tights add a pop of fun color and warmth.  And the boots are just the right height of chunky heel, yet still give my feet comfort.

Navy dress: Thrifted
Mustard tights: Loft
Frye boots c/o a loving husband

If you happen to know of any great teacher style blogs, please do share!  I'm always looking for inspiration.  :)

pleated poppy

16 comments:

  1. super cute teacher-wear! I follow MixandMatchFashion...she's a darling teacher...stylish dress-er...
    http://www.mixmatchfashion.com/
    (yet I still find myself wearing boots and jeans to school!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melodee! I am so happy to hear you are able to wear jeans while teaching! I know that in some school around here there is definitely a jeans friday and I'll be following that tradition happily. :)

      Delete
  2. you look AMAZING! I love this look!
    Yay for cute teacher clothes:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hallie! You're always the sweetest. :)

      Delete
  3. You look absolutely adorable! I'll be on the look out for Teacher fashion blogs. I used to teach kindergarten and know just what you mean about needing to get in there and get your hands dirty. It's a must! :)

    Can I ask what style Fryes those are? Is it the Campus style? I love them!! What a sweet sweet husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I would love to teach Kindergarten! How fun!
      These are the Campus style. The are so comfortable too. I tried on a few different styles, but these just had the best fit for my feet. I hope they last forever. :)

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit!! You will make the cutest teacher ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfit, the contrasting colors is so unexpected. No doubt you'll be one of the most stylish teachers around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that outfit! and I am glad you are planning to most teacher outfits! I am a school counselor, and I have the same trouble finding these kinds of outfit inspiration. I want to look both stylish and modest. I work in a middle school, and those boys are all one big hormone. I don't want to egg them on in any ways, if you know what I mean! My blog is not a fashion blog per say but I do a weekley post with my outfits that I wear to work. Check it out sometime! I always link up to The Pleated Poppy, which is where I found this post of yours! http://sweetparrishplace.blogspot.com/2014/02/what-i-wore-wednesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those mustard tights. I keep reminding myself that I need a pair! I'm a teacher, too. Dresses + tights + boots & Cardigan + skinnies + boots are my wardrobe pretty much. I throw in some cute flats and sandals in the spring! Visiting from WIWW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about your outfit!

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mustard tights! Go Loft! And the stomach bug is the worst :(
    XO/Kelly @ Our Cone Zone

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that's a great idea! I love this outfit, the dress is beautiful. And with the tights it's just perfect!! Can't wait to see mroe outfits like this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I really love the mustard yellow tights paired with navy! May have to try that! I'm a high school teacher and am always on the quest for stylish yet work-appropriate outfits! You can check out some of my outfit ideas on my blog, Crafty Teacher Lady (www.craftyteacherlady.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been feeling the same way! I gave up on looking and began my own- My Teacher Style (http://myteacherstyle.blogspot.com/) I hope that we can inspire other educators!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...