Wednesday, April 2, 2014

teacher wear.

Here's what I wore to my first student-teaching day, in a first grade classroom.
TODAY!
All Day Long.
I don't know where I found the energy to take these photos after such a huge day,
but here I am.

What a spectacular day!  First graders are just the bomb-diggity.  And oh guys, I hit the jackpot as far as host teachers.  Mine is just the sweetest.  She made me my own little desk area with my name on a placard and everything and she is just going to be so easy to work with, I swear.  The kids had been expecting me, so they were so excited to meet me this morning and as the day wore on the girls were trying to hold my hand and sit next to me during circle time.  At recess they desperately tried to coax me out into the grassy field to play, but my little heels were just not going to cut it, so I told them I'd wear more sensible shoes next time.  The teachers stood together on the playground, chatting and checking their phones, but I have a feeling I'm going to be easily convinced to play kickball or tag or something.  Can you just picture me rolling down a grassy hill with the kids, getting grass stains on my knees?  I can too.  I have no control.

I also experienced my first rainy-day morning commute across Pittsburgh today too.  Stop and go, stop and go.  It was actually an okay thing because I had to concentrate so hard on my driving and directions that I had zero time to get nervous or anxious.  My own kids experienced getting themselves ready and out to the bus on their own this morning.  Of course they are totally old enough and more than capable of the task, but it meant change and so that was on my mind, as I can be a worry-wart mother.  Will she get out to the bus on time?  What if she misses it?  But it all worked out and I can pat myself on the back for trusting my kids to be independent {if being independent includes texting and calling until they are safely out the door).  Baby steps.

It was a good day.  I am so blessed.

8 comments:

  1. Oh the energy and enthusiasm of a student teacher--I love it! You will love first grade. I teach second now, but I taught first for several years. One piece of advice...even though you may feel mean, channel your "mom voice" when needed and let them know you mean business right up front. It will make actual teaching much easier! Oh, and cute outfit! No wonder the little girls lived you! Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked this good after teaching all day?? You are my hero! I'm pretty sure I looked like I'd been hit by a truck after I would get home from the classroom. Ha!

    Can't wait to hear more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first day of school outfit!! Congrats...they are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your first day was awesome! Here's to many more and following your heart to a career you're gonna love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe how fun! your outfit is adorable! first grade is so fun, and a little exhausting....haha (I started there too and ended up in middle school!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by to tell you I miss your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...