Wednesday, May 21, 2014

fun with first graders.

These photos are from the time when that student asked me if he could use my camera to take my picture and I told him to remind me at the end of the day {crossing my fingers he would forget}.
He didn't forget, of course.

Well, it's the end of the school year and I'm certainly getting a healthy glimpse of what that means as a teacher.  The end of the school year - that's when everything happens: testing, meetings, musical rehearsals/performances, field days, move-up days, etc.  I'm getting a peek into my future!  The students definitely sense that summer is drawing near and their energy levels have peaked.  I tried to give a lesson the other day and it was met with moans and groans before I had even began.  Fortunately I'm a mom, so I have some backbone.  I encouraged them to sit through it and participate and then they were rewarded with a dance party.  I needed a dance party.  

In such a short period of time, I have really fallen in love with these first graders.  They exhaust me, it's true.  By the end of the day I am falling into my bed, drained, wiped, spent.  But I have certainly enjoyed getting to know each of their unique personalities and watching them learn; the little gentleman who opens the door for me and waits for me to walk through, the silly kid who tries to photobomb all of my pictures, the sweet girl who gives me all of her drawings, the goofy gal who wiggles her loose tooth in my face because it grosses me out, the history buff who spits out facts to me about the Civil War and Thomas Jefferson, the blonde who thinks she looks just like me, the shy girl who tells me she likes my shirt, my necklace, and my hair, and the funny dude who wants to tell me everything about Minecraft.  They are all just so darn awesome.  

I am content.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are having a good teaching experience! You will be such a fun and amazing teacher - I would want my kids to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you Misty! I've been following you for almost a year now, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking about leaving a comment? That would be so awesome! In fact, you are so awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...